Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Homemade Toys that were a HIT!

Hi Everyone!

I am here to tell you...those reading with babies are small children. Why do we as parents even buy toys for our children? My child would be much happier with my iphone, computer, remote, magazine, or a box. Grafton loves music and anything that makes noise. I decided since he loves to play with Tupperware containers that I should just put some stuff in them. So he and I did just that!

I found these fun items in my pantry. I figured the different sizes/shapes would give each little shaker a different sound. Sure enough-this boy had a BALL!




He loved to play with an empty cup and the box of shells. I noticed that he liked the medium shells shaker the same. Probably because they were the biggest. BEWARE: it was the loudest! Maybe why he liked it the most! :) 





We also made these cool bottle shakers! I went to Target and got all of the stuff to make them. They turned out super cute!

Everything you need! Bottles, water, baby oil, fun things to fill the bottles!

I found cute Halloween stuff in the dollar section at Target. Your girl is on a budget now that I am home full time with Grafton. It was the perfect spot to get a few things. I found cute little plastic spiders and a can of plastic dinosaurs. I bought the fuzzy balls, googly eyes, feathers, and the little gems.





 All you have to do is have an empty bottle. Pour about 1/2 of the bottle up with the baby oil and fill the rest with water. Insert whatever you want into the bottom. We made a Halloween one and then a fun one. The Halloween one has spiders, googly eyes, the gem beads, and we put green food coloring in it as a fun extra. The other bottle we made  was dinosaurs, fuzzy balls, and the gem beads. 



Important Tip: Make sure to hot glue the cap onto the bottom to keep from baby unscrewing it or water leaking out! 

Happy Reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment